Register your interest here. (EOI close the 17/08/2020)
The ALA is pleased to announce that we will be running another Club Coach Course online so you can update your coaching skills and knowledge from the comfort of your own home, anywhere in the country.
The course, which will be presented by Sean Aaron, Lacrosse Victoria Operation Officer and current Australia Squad Member, will be delivered across 3 separate nights over 3 weeks. Coaches will need to attend all 3 sessions (which will go for approx. 1.5 hours) and complete tasks before and after each session to be able to complete their accreditation. The dates set aside for the webinars are 24th, 31st of August and the 7th September 2020.
As the course content will be delivered via webinars and other web base platforms, to make the course more interactive, participants will be required to use either multiple devices or be able to flick between multiple browsers to fully participate in the course.
At this point in time we are asking for expression of interest from coaches who would like to take part in this course which will assistance with our planning. The ALA will require 10 coaches for this course to go ahead.
The Club Coach course will provide coaches with ideas for training, introduce coaches to the principles of coaching including some basic advice on communication, people management and coaching ethics.
If you have any questions please email the ALA on – email@example.com
Below you can view more information regarding the course details
COURSE WORK OVERVIEW
To gain accreditation coaches will be required to:
- Attend all 3 online sessions.
- Complete additional training.
- Sport Australia Community Coaching General Principles certificate
- Play by the Rules training:Child Protection, Harassment & Discrimination
- Obtain a Working With Children Check*
- Submit Work Sheets 1, 2, 3, 4
- Complete session activities (present teaching points of a skill and design of activity/game)**
- Complete a Short Quiz
- Design a 3 week plan (6 training sessions) which focuses on a specific tactical concept and show how you would progress and evolve the training sessions from week to week.
*You will need to check your MA and state requirements.
**Coaches will receive an email before the course begins. Coaches will be provided with a skill as a topic point. During the last session of the course coaches will be required to present (based on the skill given to them):
- The key teaching points for your players (Jnrs v Snr or Experienced v Novice) and also provide examples of how you teach the skill to your players.
“how you teach” refers to your delivery method, the environment, what things you are looking for, feedback style or the set up you use, rather than a particular drill you utilise.
- Coaches (as a group) will also need to design an activity which focuses on and develops the skill provided to you. (this will be presented during session 2)
- Coaches will also need to design a way to evolve that activity into a more game focus activity. (this will be presented during session 2)
Coaches will need to register and enrol into the course via ALA’s Online Education Platform.
Further details regarding registration will be sent to those coaches who have submitted an EOI.
Cost of registration with be $55.