Officiating is a great way to participate in lacrosse, it can help you stay fit while earning some money and provides opportunities to travel within Australia and overseas. Officials can help create a positive sporting environment and promote positive environments by being good role models.
Encourage fair play
– Always be fair, impartial and consistent.
– Encourage and praise good sporting behaviour.
– Communicate honestly, generously and fairly.
– Express decisions clearly.
– Keep your emotions in check and maintain composure.
Uphold the codes of behaviour
– Understand, uphold and support the code of behaviour for officials.
Keep up to date and organised
– Know the rules and understand the spirit of the game.
– Be conscientious and punctual.
For officials of junior sport, it’s also important to:
– Emphasise trying hard and having fun, not only winning.
– Place the safety and welfare of kids above all else.
LSA Officials Accreditation Levels
Level 4: International Accreditation and Participation
Level 3: National Accreditation and Participation
Level 2: Passed exam and assessment by SA Chief Referee/Chief Umpire
Level 1: New nominated Club Referee/Umpire (yet to be accredited)
Level 0: Junior Games
Junior Playing Rules
Men’s Playing Rules
Men’s League/Division 1 Playing Rules
Men’s Division 2 Playing Rules