The SA Under 18 Men’s and Women’s State Team will represent Lacrosse SA in the 2022 LA Under 18 National Championship, Adelaide, South Australia. The team will provide opportunities for all eligible players to develop their skills, athleticism and knowledge throughout a balanced program. Lacrosse SA is now recruiting suitable candidates to lead, develop and support the team/s in the following position/s:
Age Guidelines for Coaches
- The age of head coaches for state teams shall be 25 years old at time of application or have considerable high-level coaching experience.
- The age of assistant coaches for state teams be at least 21 years of age at time of application.
- Download and read the relevant position description (PD) and selection statement (SS).
- Complete the selection statement and save it to your device.
- Go to the online application form, enter your details and upload the Selection Statement, Working with Children Check and other required documents (specified in the PD).
- Online application form: https://membership.mygameday.app/regoform.cgi?formID=90853
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: SUNDAY, 31 OCTOBER 2021
We know this process can be time consuming, so we have made a few improvements to help. After completing this process for the first time, your documents will remain in the database, so all you will need to do for future application is to login and click register.
The ‘selection statement’ helps those assessing applications to make a more informed and fairer decision. A selection panel will be responsible for assessing applications for the Head Coach position and will present a recommendation to the Lacrosse SA Board.
The selected Head Coach will then have the opportunity to work with relevant Lacrosse SA stakeholders to appoint further team personnel to required positions – it is recommended that the applicant ensure any preferred team personnel also apply at the same time and identify those applicants within the application process. Lacrosse SA may also choose to recruit candidates by other means if it feels it is in the best interest of the team, sport or Lacrosse SA. For further information about the positions please contact the Lacrosse SA Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Following successful application and notification:
LSA is committed to coach education and development to continue to grow the number and quality of coaches by ensuring that coaches are fully prepared and equipped to deliver the required level of coaching for their players/athletes and to ensure participants, players and athletes receive the best coaching, teaching and experience within lacrosse no matter what level of competition or experience.
Coaches will be required to:
- Enrol and go through the online coaching course and complete (https://laxaused.thinkific.com/courses/CCLSASTC):
- Sport Australia: Community Coaching General Principles Course (https://www.sportaus.gov.au/coaches_and_officials/coaches).
- Complete Play by the Rules (https://elearning.sportintegrity.gov.au/login/index.php) Courses in:
- Child Protection and Safeguarding.
- Harassment and Discrimination.
- Go through the online material and complete the small quiz.
- Attend 2 x Zoom sessions: Wednesday, 10 November 2021 and Wednesday, 17 November 2021.
- Complete and upload Worksheets 1,2,3,4.
- Be practically assessed during trials by a LSA approved assessor (and upload your signed off practical assessment checklist).
- Upload your Anti-Doping Certificate.
- Upload your Working with Children Check (should be provided at time of application).
If you have any queries, please contact the office:
Phone: (08) 8355 3350